This is your complete guide to dressmaking, from designing, creating and customising your clothes. Master every dressmaking technique in the book!
Fully illustrated and easy to use, this dressmaking book covers all the essential skills and techniques you need to make timeless wardrobe staples. It’s a must-have for beginners and expert stitchers alike.
Inside the pages of this reference book, you’ll discover:
– Step-by-step instructions and techniques, accompanied by clear, full-colour photography
– Thorough sections on tools and equipment, to help the reader choose the right items for each project
– 13 downloadable patterns for skirts, dresses, trousers, tops, and jackets that can be used to create 31 different garments
– Over 80 techniques, including how to cut out a pattern, machine stitch, and hand stitch
– Projects graded by difficulty level so as you can challenge yourself; whether you are a beginner, or looking for more advanced ideas
Fed up with fast fashion and fancy making your own clothes? This is the ultimate dressmaking guide for absolute beginners. Comprehensive, step-by-step guides and dressmaking patterns cover everything from choosing the perfect fabric for any project to trying your hand at a range of machine-sewing techniques.
Accompanied by close-up photographs, clear instructions, and a glossary of dressmaking terminology to demystify even the trickiest technique. This book will help you advance from a sewing learner to a seasoned stitcher in no time. Zoomed-in photographs of hand and machine tools show you the best dressmaking equipment for the job and teach you exactly how to use it.
The Essential Guide to Dressmaking
The Dressmaking Book guides you through every hand stitch, machine stitch, and sewing technique you’ll ever need. We’ve included the best way to stitch, alter, put in linings, seam and hem, so you can make your favourite bespoke outfits to suit your unique style.